Friday 28 December 2012

Clothes for 2013

It is that time of year when my mind starts planning the purchases for 2013. I have got to bring in another budget cut, partly due to economic reasons and also I am going to put 50% of my budget into clothes for work.

So I have final piece to buy from AW12/13 and that is a new Nigel Cabourn 4-way roll neck.
























For spring summer 2013 I am going to be investing in the a few labels;

Comme des Garcons - couple of tops
CP Company - new jacket and overshirt
Raf Simons - a couple of tops and maybe a jacket
Nigel Cabourn - not sure yet but I do want a new shirt and I might get a summer cameraman or parka
Stone Island - shirts, an overshirt and maybe a jacket
Woolrich - shirts

I will probably pick up a few pieces from Folk, Church's blue suede loafers and a new pair of Tretorn pumps.

Now the work-clothing investments is an interesting new direction for me. It has been on my mind for a couple of years now, some of it is age and also another part is the desire to separate my work-life attire from my personal-life.

I think I am going to go for a slim suit in blues, grey and black.  This will be teamed up with white shirts, narrow ties, simple black shoes, blue tote & briefcase and most likely jackets with a more casual influence (CP, Stone Island and Cabourn).

I am going to have to bit more research into the suits so I am starting off with DSquared2 and Costume National to dip my toe into the water - a look I really liked when I was in Milan.


No comments: